10 things draining your energyMar 24, 2022
Here’s a problem that affects a LOT of people … a lack of energy!
Before the pandemic, the number of people who said they often felt tired was around 43% … and during the pandemic that number shot up to 60%.
I thought it would be helpful to list some things you can do to cut out a few sneaky drains on your energy.
Because the truth is, many everyday habits can actually leave you feeling tired.
10 Things Draining Your Energy
- Not getting enough exercise. Not moving your body can make you want to move even LESS! Making time for exercise can get your blood pumping, improve your endurance, and boost your energy. Check out this class, just one of the many in the Vibrant Living membership.
- Eating processed and refined carbs. These might give you a quick shot of energy thanks to the blood sugar rush … but when your body sends out insulin to remove the sugar, it can make your blood sugar level plummet – leaving you tired and drained.
- Not getting enough quality sleep. I sent an email about sleep a couple of weeks ago, but bottom line: your body needs sleep to fully recover and recharge.
- Food sensitivities. One side effect of eating foods that your body is sensitive to includes fatigue. If you think that you might have sensitivities, it’s worth checking with your doctor. Common culprits include gluten, dairy, corn, GMO soy, and eggs.
- Eating too LITTLE. Not getting enough of the right fuel (i.e., healthy food) can make you feel tired – and so can eating a poor-quality diet without enough nutrients.
- Not getting enough protein. Studies show that eating protein boosts your metabolism, and scientists believe this may help prevent tiredness.
- Drinking too little water. Studies show that being even a little dehydrated can make it harder to stay focused and leave you feeling drained.
- Energy drinks (including coffee). Like refined carbs, these can send your energy up before crashing back down. Not only that but caffeine can take up to 8 hours to clear your system, making it harder to get a good night of sleep, adding to the energy drain.
- Stress. Feeling constantly stressed can definitely deflate your energy, both mentally and emotionally. Just another reason it’s important to have (and follow!) a plan for managing stress.
- Being in a negative environment. It’s possible to “catch” the moods of the people around you, but being aware of it can help lower your susceptibility, as can finding things that make you feel positive!
Bottom line … move your body … eat healthy whole foods … drink your water …sleep.. and surround yourself with a positive environment … and your energy should quickly return!
If it doesn’t, it’s worth mentioning to your doctor to see if you have an underlying issue.
At Vibrant Living, I believe that your results are all connected – sleep, stress, nutrition, fitness, mindset, and more.
I have 1000's of videos waiting for you and coaching calls for support, accountability and motivation. You don't have to do this alone.
YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO:
❤️Complete 24-7 access to my Vibrant Living Studio which includes movement + nutrition + mindset and so much more at your fingertips
❤️Access to Get Rid of Aches and Pains Program
❤️Access to Beginner's Program
❤️Access to Foam Roller Challenge
❤️Access to 10 Day Fat Releasing Body Reset
❤️Access to 100's of videos for every inch of your body with fitness classes prepared for you each month
❤️Access to weekly group coaching calls to keep you inspired and ask questions
❤️Private Facebook Group for Support and Motivation
❤️And a whole lot more at your fingertips...
If you need help with a fitness plan or lifestyle coaching, I’m here for you every step of the way.
I’m a wife and mum, personal trainer, fitness/pilates instructor, Behaviour Change Specialist, Nutrition Coach, Pain-Free Movement Specialist, author of Cookie Dough in the Dark, creator of Vibrant Living Membership - your ONE STOP shop for movement + nutrition + mindset..... among many other things!! I’ve had many issues dealing with the scale going up and down, a muffin top that wouldn’t disappear, emotional eating binges that did not involve carrots and struggling with insecurity! Through all of this I just wanted to feel normal. I wanted to be happy like everyone else!
In my teens and 20’s I wanted the quick fixes, the magic pills, the fairy dust – whatever I could get my hands on to make me a lean, happy and sexy machine. Yup, found out it doesn’t exist. I wanted to cry!! I was so frustrated. I felt like I was going around and around until I was completely exhausted and back at the starting point. And when I talk with other women they feel that way too. So, I delved further into holistic health – the emotional, mental and physical – wrote a book, and have been in this field for many years helping 1000’s of women.
I discovered that by being smarter, not working harder, I could get the results I wanted and also for my clients. It started with some really small shifts that I will share with you over time. With this new knowledge, I felt ALIVE, VIBRANT and COMFORTABLE in my own skin. And my clients felt this way too!
My mission is to continue to help women step into the body they WANT. To feel confident & sexy, in control of their food choices and have their clothes fit just as they should while having the energy to live a VIBRANT life.
Ready to elevate your health? As a certified Behaviour Change & Nutrition Coach, I'd be happy to chat with you. Contact me at [email protected].
I look forward to seeing you inside the 5 day stronger to the core challenge
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.