Absolutely Delicious Artichoke & Kale DipOct 24, 2020
Amazing Artichoke & Kale Dip
Who doesn't love a good dip to sink their veggies into? Or how about dipping some Sweet Potato Chips into dip. Appetizers can be a great way to increase your veggie consumption any time of year.
2 cups chopped curly kale
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
14 oz. can whole artichoke hearts, drained, and cut into quarters
2 small avocados
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. shelled hemp seeds (i.e., hemp hearts)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Sliced Veggies of your choice to dip!
1. Add the kale and olive oil to a skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Cook until kale is wilted and tender (5-6 minutes).
3. Transfer the kale to a cutting board and chop into bite-sized pieces. Let cool.
4. While the kale is cooling, put avocado (not pit or peel) into a food processor with the lemon juice, hemp seeds, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
5. In a bowl, combine the avocado mixture, kale, and artichoke hearts and gently mix.
6. Transfer the dip to a serving dish and serve immediately with sliced veggies!
Sweet Potato Chips
4 large sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree. In a bowl, toss sliced sweet potatoes with oil, salt and pepper
- Place on cookie sheet one at a time with a little space between each slice
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes
- Cook 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Enjoy with dip or on their own!
I’m a wife and mum, personal trainer, fitness/pilates instructor and body transformation coach, author of Cookie Dough in the Dark, creator of Vibrant Living Membership - your ONE STOP shop for health, fitness and nutrition..... among many other things!! I’ve had many issues dealing with the scale going up and down, a muffin top that wouldn’t disappear, emotional eating binges that did not involve carrots and struggling with insecurity! Through all of this I just wanted to feel normal. I wanted to be happy like everyone else!
In my teens and 20’s I wanted the quick fixes, the magic pills, the fairy dust – whatever I could get my hands on to make me a lean, happy and sexy machine. Yup, found out it doesn’t exist. I wanted to cry!! I was so frustrated. I felt like I was going around and around until I was completely exhausted and back at the starting point. And when I talk with other women they feel that way too. So, I delved further into holistic health – the emotional, mental and physical – wrote a book, and have been in this field for many years helping 1000’s of women.
I discovered that by being smarter, not working harder, I could get the results I wanted and also for my clients. It started with some really small shifts that I will share with you over time. With this new knowledge, I felt ALIVE, VIBRANT and COMFORTABLE in my own skin. And my clients felt this way too!
My mission is to continue to help women step into the body they WANT. To feel confident & sexy, in control of their food choices and have their clothes fit just as they should while having the energy to live a VIBRANT life.
Ready to elevate your health? As a certified Behaviour Change & Nutrition Coach, I'd be happy to chat with you. Contact me at [email protected].
I look forward to seeing you inside the 5 day stronger to the core challenge
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.