Bacon & Guacamole SammiesOct 25, 2020
Bacon & Guacamole Sammies (serves 1-2)
Time to skip the bread and enjoy these tasty delights.
Did you know that an avocado is actually a fruit?! And…it’s really unique! This single-seeded berry from Mexico is high in healthy fats, whereas most fruits are primarily made of carbohydrates.
If you’re not already crazy about this green superfood, I’ll give you a few extra reasons why you should be!
1. They are PACKED with nutrients and contain over 20 vitamins and minerals.
2. Avocados are loaded with antioxidants and helps boost your immune system!
3. They are great for your eyes and protect you against cataracts and macular degeneration.
4. Pound for pound, avocados actually contain more potassium than bananas! (which supports healthy blood pressure levels.)
5. Avocados and avocado oil are loaded with heart-healthy fats…which can help lower inflammation in your body (the root of all disease).
6. Avocados have been known to help combat certain types of cancer including mouth, skin, and prostate cancer.
7. Because avocados are high in fat, you’ll be able to absorb other "fat soluble" vitamins (like A, K, D, & E) even better! Team up your avocado with other veggies for an energy-packed day!
8. They are fiber-rich, which means you’ll feel fuller, faster…which is great to help promote weight loss because it will help you to avoid over-eating!
Here's the recipe>>>
- 4 strips of thick-cut pastured bacon
- fresh squeezed lime juice (1 lime)
- Sauté 4 slices of bacon until crispy (choose bacon that is without the nasties and it you are vegan or vegetarian, skip the bacon and enjoy guacamole with veggies)
- Wait until cooled
- The filling for these "sandwiches" is chunky homemade guacamole. And if you’re pressed for time, simply mash up the flesh of half an avocado, and cut up the other half into half-inch cubes. Then mix both halves together in a bowl to get a nice blend of chunky and creamy. Flavor it with a squirt or two of lime or lemon juice.
And remember click here for a soup that I love putting avocado on top of and >>> Oh and this dip is a MUST, check it out here
Healthy hugs and enjoy your avocado!!!
I’m a wife and mum, personal trainer, fitness/pilates instructor, Behaviour Change Specialist, Nutrition Coach, Pain-Free Movement Specialist, author of Cookie Dough in the Dark, creator of Vibrant Living Membership - your ONE STOP shop for movement + nutrition + mindset..... among many other things!! I’ve had many issues dealing with the scale going up and down, a muffin top that wouldn’t disappear, emotional eating binges that did not involve carrots and struggling with insecurity! Through all of this I just wanted to feel normal. I wanted to be happy like everyone else!
In my teens and 20’s I wanted the quick fixes, the magic pills, the fairy dust – whatever I could get my hands on to make me a lean, happy and sexy machine. Yup, found out it doesn’t exist. I wanted to cry!! I was so frustrated. I felt like I was going around and around until I was completely exhausted and back at the starting point. And when I talk with other women they feel that way too. So, I delved further into holistic health – the emotional, mental and physical – wrote a book, and have been in this field for many years helping 1000’s of women.
I discovered that by being smarter, not working harder, I could get the results I wanted and also for my clients. It started with some really small shifts that I will share with you over time. With this new knowledge, I felt ALIVE, VIBRANT and COMFORTABLE in my own skin. And my clients felt this way too!
My mission is to continue to help women step into the body they WANT. To feel confident & sexy, in control of their food choices and have their clothes fit just as they should while having the energy to live a VIBRANT life.
Ready to elevate your health? As a certified Behaviour Change & Nutrition Coach, I'd be happy to chat with you. Contact me at [email protected].
I look forward to seeing you inside the 5 day stronger to the core challenge
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.