Taco SaladOct 25, 2020
This is one of my kid’s favourite meals. They get a ton of greens, a great source of protein and some healthy fats. I usually make about triple this recipe and freeze it. This is definitely a quick and easy dinner meal and they also like taking it for lunch.
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- pinch cayenne
(mix the above ingredients together and will keep in air tight container for 3 months. Can double/triple the recipe so that you have some ready for next time)
- ¼- ½ chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsps ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp grass fed collagen
- 1 lb ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- Water or vegetable broth
- 2 heads of organic romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- grated cheese
- Organic Nacho chips
- sour cream
KID TIP: I like onions but my kids always manage to find them and pick them out so now I puree the onion and garlic into a paste and add it to the beef mixture.
- Add beef to frying pan, medium to low heat. If you would like you can drain and rinse when beef is cooked.
- Add onions (or pureed onions/garlic) for 3-5 minutes, then garlic and all the spice mixture.
- Add water or broth to keep mixture moist. Let simmer for 10-30 minutes (the longer you leave it the more the flavours enter the meat).
- Add in flax seed plus grass fed collagen and maybe more liquid.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together and then add as much beef mixture as you like. The kids eat a ton of lettuce with this dish. I also yikes, let them have it with Doritos instead of Organic chips…sorry, but we are entering the teen years and it’s getting a little more challenging to keep it all clean.
I’m a wife and mum, personal trainer, fitness/pilates instructor, Behaviour Change Specialist, Nutrition Coach, Pain-Free Movement Specialist, author of Cookie Dough in the Dark, creator of Vibrant Living Membership - your ONE STOP shop for movement + nutrition + mindset..... among many other things!! I’ve had many issues dealing with the scale going up and down, a muffin top that wouldn’t disappear, emotional eating binges that did not involve carrots and struggling with insecurity! Through all of this I just wanted to feel normal. I wanted to be happy like everyone else!
In my teens and 20’s I wanted the quick fixes, the magic pills, the fairy dust – whatever I could get my hands on to make me a lean, happy and sexy machine. Yup, found out it doesn’t exist. I wanted to cry!! I was so frustrated. I felt like I was going around and around until I was completely exhausted and back at the starting point. And when I talk with other women they feel that way too. So, I delved further into holistic health – the emotional, mental and physical – wrote a book, and have been in this field for many years helping 1000’s of women.
I discovered that by being smarter, not working harder, I could get the results I wanted and also for my clients. It started with some really small shifts that I will share with you over time. With this new knowledge, I felt ALIVE, VIBRANT and COMFORTABLE in my own skin. And my clients felt this way too!
My mission is to continue to help women step into the body they WANT. To feel confident & sexy, in control of their food choices and have their clothes fit just as they should while having the energy to live a VIBRANT life.
Ready to elevate your health? As a certified Behaviour Change & Nutrition Coach, I'd be happy to chat with you. Contact me at [email protected].
I look forward to seeing you inside the 5 day stronger to the core challenge
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.